Systems Management refers to the centralized administration of the IT (Information Technology) in an organization. The concept covers a broad set of subsystems that are needed to monitor and manage IT systems correctly.
Tis essential for organizing and running any business. Good system management is the backbone of an IT-based organization. And this can be the challenge for many: because most IT network infrastructure grew organically as new tools became available enabling businesses to expand, the “systems management” as a central element to company’s concept of operations is taken for granted.
Whereas when implemented effectively, Systems Management makes the delivery of IT much easier, making the employees adapt faster and be more productive.
The eBiZ Solution Scope
- Enterprise Business Sevice Management
- Enterprise Management System
- Business Continuity & Data Protection
What’s the Customer Need?
What’s the eBiZ Approach?
What’s the eBiZ Solution?
- SmartCloud Control Desk – http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/tips1096.html
IBM SmartCloud Control Desk also provides mechanisms for workflow development, which can be included within every IT processes, such as request approvals, service catalog requests, or change management workflow assignments. Let us take a look at the different service management disciplines that IBM SmartCloud Control Desk addresses:
- Service request management gives you an efficient service desk for handling service requests and managing incidents.
- Change, configuration, and release management provides advanced impact analysis and automated change procedures designed to reduce risk and support integrity of services.
- IT asset lifecycle management provides inventory management and software license compliance capabilities. Helps to manage assets throughout their lifecycle, optimizing usage of digital and physical assets and minimizing compliance risks.
- Service catalog helps users solve their own problems. Provides an intuitive self-help portal and a complete catalog of services.
- Support for service providers supply service support and service delivery capabilities for multiple customers in a single deployed instance. This can help increase profitability and improve customer satisfaction.
- Application Performance Management – https://www.ibm.com/cloud/learn/application-performance-management
Applications today are more complex, dynamic, and distributed, and users access these applications on a variety of devices and platforms, each with specific configurations and requirements. These requirements make Application Performance Management software critical because it helps you do the following:
- Better understand application and infrastructure behavior and performance
- Improve the end-user experience
- Improve internal efficiency and productivity
- Decrease downtime
- Ensure compliance with application and end-user SLAs
- Reduce incidents and mean time to resolution for incidents
- Lower operational costs
- Analytics and visualization
- Data import and export functionality
- Data import and export functionality
- API Monitoring
- Application transaction tracing
The future of APM solutions
- Better root cause analysis
- Management of different types of application architectures, both traditional and cloud-based
- Increased use of distributed tracing, where systems can track user interactions with applications, discovering latencies and bottlenecks where they exist
- Better API monitoring
- Predictive APM, which will make more use of machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Simplified monitoring of modern applications
- Spectrum Protect & Business Continuity – https://www.ibm.com/products/data-protection-and-recovery
IBM Spectrum Protect™ provides comprehensive data protection for physical file servers, virtual environments, and a wide range of applications. Organizations can scale up to manage billions of objects per backup server. They can reduce backup infrastructure costs with built-in data efficiency capabilities and the ability to migrate or copy data to tape, public cloud services, and on-premises object storage. IBM Spectrum Protect can also store IBM Spectrum Protect Plus data, providing an ability to leverage your existing investment for long-term data retention and disaster recovery.
- Lower operational cost by unifying and simplifying data protection for physical file servers, virtual environments, and a wide-range of applications.
- Support massive data growth with a single IBM Spectrum Protect server’s ability to manage up to 4 petabytes of client data and ingest up to 100 terabytes of new and changed client data per day.
- Drive exceptional storage efficiency with incremental forever backups, compression, and deduplication.
- Banko Sentral ng Pilipinas
- Supreme Court of the Philippines
- Office of the President
- GMA7 Network