The PDRF is a non-profit organization that brought together some of the largest private companies in the Philippines. It is an initiative that envisions disaster-preparedness as the primary strategy to address effective and efficient recovery from the economic damage and disruption caused by natural calamities, of which the Philippines gets a hefty share annually. In 2018, its aim was to be the first “national private sector Emergency Operations Center (EOC) in the world”, where the EOC will “function as a 24/7 self-sufficient operations hub for disaster preparedness training and coordination of relief and recovery efforts.”
eBiZ was brought in to build and set-up an EOC for the foundation and its member companies. Beyond supplying a working system, we had to help the Client develop a CON-OPS or “concept of operations” for disaster management.
There were several challenges faced by this project, considering that it is a non-profit or NGO established by a consortium of large corporations:
- The Foundation and its members had no experience in disaster management
- As a pioneering initiative, Client had no existing CON-OPS
- As an initial project of its nature, there was also no ICT Systems in place
The eBiZ SOLUTION
eBiZ, in cooperation with The Earthquake and Megacities Initiative (EMI)
- Provided ICT inputs in relation to CON-OPS
- Provided ICT equipment for interim EOC at Shell House Makati; provided wired and wireless network
- Was part of the design team for the PDRF EOC at Clark Field Pampanga
- Responsible for the relocation of the EOC at Shell House Makati to the Meralco Head Office, Lopez Building, Pasig City
- Responsible for design and implementation of structured cabling for the Clark Field EOC.
- Provided and implemented ICT equipment for PDRF EOC Clark Field.
- Participated in EOC activation at Shell House and Clark Field for the development (borging) of CONOPS
- Provided on-site support whenever the EOC is activated.
- Since April of 2018, the PDRF has had a working GIS-based EOC for the private sector, complementing whatever the government is able to provide to respond to disasters.
- To enable effective operations, the completion of an initial CON-OPS for emergency management based on inputs from EMI, eBiZ, and member companies of the consortium. The CON-OPS by its very purpose was an initial version as it remains a living document that requires constant review and enhancement, as experience and data enrich the operations towards increasing effectiveness and efficiency.
Client name: PDRF
Year Awarded: 2018
Year Completed: 2018