The Knowledge Manager (KM) reports to the Group Head for Governance, Strategy, and Standards Management and is wholly responsible for identifying, collecting, analyzing, organizing, managing, and sharing knowledge and information in support of business units across the enterprise.
Knowledge base or information base has to be maintained in every organization and it needs to be managed effectively so that every person has the required but at the same time confined access to the information. The KM serves as a consultant to promote the alignment of all teams and assess how the information will be disseminated to each in a smooth and systematized manner.
1. Establish the knowledge management practice, discipline, and standards, as well as design new knowledge distribution policies and encourage the use of the new practices
2. Establish the KM platform and engage and encourage active use
3. Analyze the effectiveness of the new knowledge management programs by observing their usage and evaluating its impact in terms of the organizational benefits
4. Initiate and facilitate activities, in collaboration with Human Resources (HR), to enable habituation of the practices
5. Interact with team members. Act as a mediator to answer the queries of team members about the knowledge management practices
6. Handle the integration of the KM system and platform with other data sources, eg., Service Desk, CRM, PM, and Business Shared Services to create the knowledge base resources
7. Utilize the knowledge base resources and design training modules for the team members to help them access the knowledge management tools
8. Be responsible for the analysis of social networks and formation of communities of practice within the organization
9. Encourage the team members, in collaboration with HR and Marketing Communication Services (MCS), to share knowledge effectively and efficiently
10. Create joint activities with all functional teams and clusters as well as other teams through workshops, meetings, training sessions, etc. to teach and promote the use of the knowledge management tool.
11. Strengthen connections to aid information exchange within the teams.
12. Recognize the strengths and weaknesses of the company, create processes and formulate action plans to improve them.
- Must have in-depth information of the databases maintained by the organization
- Should have good communications skills and expert planning skills
- Should be able to transform the ideas of management and implement appropriate solutions in the organization
- Good analyzing skills and ability to tackle critical situations
- Ability to maintain constructive work relationships with the employees of all the teams; seniors as well as juniors
- Leadership quality and ability to supervise and guide the employees
- ITIL Certification or equivalent, a plus
- 2-3 years experience in knowledge management
- Must be highly technical and knowledgeable in IT solutions and integration
- Must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or any related field